CBI March 2022
Debra Strougo co-founded Row House with her husband, Eric Von Frohlich, and built it into one of the hottest studios in the business. But even as she continues to make her mark as an entrepreneur, she has found new passion in being an advocate for the industry as a member of the National Health & Fitness Alliance.
“We need to be nurturing and supportive of people from an emotional and physical standpoint to get them embarking on that fitness journey, so they'll stick with it.”
Row House - New York
- It's All Coming Together: After the last two years, we know what it feels like to have our destiny determined by a constantly mutating virus. The pandemic has altered the course of history in ways we may not recognize for years. The lessons are many, but one rises above the rest: We've learned that we must take control of our destiny, passionately and aggressively.
- CEO's Column: Rebranding IHRSA for empowerment and growth. IHRSA's CEO, Liz Clark, is working towards transforming the IHRSA brand to empower the entire health and fitness industry.
- Passion in Action: Debra Strougo co-founded Row House with her husband, Eric Von Frohlich, and built it into one of the hottest studios in the business. But even as she continues to make her mark as an entrepreneur, she has found new passion in being an advocate for the industry as a member of the National Health & Fitness Alliance. She tells us what motivates her and how she plans to bring fitness to the 80% who currently remain inactive.
- Four Ways to Transform Your Club's Design Without Breaking the Bank: Expenses are up, but you still need to keep your club looking fresh. With reduced capital after two years of the pandemic, you need to be creative in how you handle design changes. Here's how you can get the best bang for your buck.
- Managing the Hybrid Experience: It's not easy to balance virtual group X with in-club services. So how do you keep them coming back to the club while still offering virtual workouts? We asked some experts how they get it done.
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA 2022 registration is open—and selling fast. Plus, state fitness alliances make substantial progress; the launch of the 435 Project; Liz Clark continues her nonstop travel schedule; Peloton fallout continues; and other industry news.
- Influencer 1: Bryan Lennon, general manager of the Cooper Fitness Center, on the best way to integrate wellness and exercise.
- Influencer 2: MYE founder Tony Garcia explains the advantages of body composition analysis.
- IHRSA Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council: How physical activity cuts healthcare costs, according to Tyler Cooper, MD.
- Research Roundup: New illuminating research from the Global Wellness Institute.
- REX Roundtables: Brent Darden on the pandemic changes we should keep, and ones we should discard.
- Formula for Success: Club Automation: How to personalize the mobile experience.
- Behind the Scenes: SportsArt gives you a glimpse into their revolutionary sustainable product design.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from the top suppliers in the business.
- IHRSA Membership: Aaron Moore of VIDA Fitness on the importance of IHRSA's premium membership.
- Best Practices: A guide to getting the most out of your digital marketing from our in-house expert.
- Advocacy: Want to make a difference? Here's your to-do list for the coming year.
- Call to Action: See how IHRSA is monitoring legislation across the country that may impact you.