CBI February 2019
Technology is transforming the world, and futurist Chris Riddell will explain what’s happening today—and what will happen tomorrow—at IHRSA 2019.
“We’re now more interested in our health than we’ve ever been, and this is driven by technology. Fitness professionals are quickly becoming the ‘next wave’ of tech experts.”
Chris Riddell, Futurist and Digital Technology Expert
- Eye on the Future: A technology expert and renowned trend-spotter, Chris Riddell will explicate the inexplicable during his keynote presentation at IHRSA 2019. Ours is, he’s quick to reassure, “the most exciting time there’s ever been.” His address is generously sponsored by Myzone.
- Learn & Grow: All that Chelsea Piers has mastered in the past is reflected in its newest club in Brooklyn.
- Art of the Impossible: The Midtown Athletic Club’s Steven Schwartz has corrected a 56-year-old wrong by going to the House—the Illinois Statehouse, that is.
- Wellness’ Bottom Line: These programs produce as many benefits for health clubs as they do for participants.
News & Know How
- News: SE Brands acquires Basecamp Fitness; a Worthy head for Life Fitness; youth inactivity a global crisis; Fitness Formula opens 11th facility; North Castle bets on Kettlebell Kitchen; Latin American News; and more.
- Latin American News: Bluefit boasts 72 clubs in Brazil; Fitness 24 Seven expands in Colombia; and Smart Fit partners with Go Fit in Guatemala.
- First Person: IHRSA 2019 keynote speaker Rohit Bhargava preaches “trust” in the face of growing skepticism.
- On the Move: Greenwood Athletic runs for charities; The EDGE reflects the “Spirit of ADA”; Xponential hits seven brands; Equinox diversifies in luxury; and more club news.
- Personal Invitation: In this month’s First Set, IHRSA Board Chair Jim Worthington invites everyone to Rock ’n’ Roll for Augie’s Quest at the Nashville Rock ’n’ Roll Half Marathon and 5K.
- Best Practices: Engagement is key to retention, says Christopher Laurin, of the Quebec Health Systems Group.
- U.S. Needs to Move More: IHRSA explores the new Physical Activity Guidelines with lead author Katrina Piercy, in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- Value Proposition: Stealth Detox Performance Water: An “Aha!” moment led to the discovery of water’s potential to care for the human body and the environment.
- Not-So-Secret Sauce: What’s the “special” ingredient of IHRSA events? Joe Moore, the association’s president and CEO, responds in this month's Last Rep.