With all of the new virtual fitness offerings that have developed as a result of the pandemic, some may wonder if members miss physically going into their gyms. Are they getting used to—or even now prefer to—attend classes virtually and workout in their own homes? Or do they miss their gym’s equipment, workout space, and the socialization and camaraderie that goes along with being in the physical space?
In this week’s Take 5, IHRSA Interim President & CEO Brent Darden shares the results of a recent national study that answers those questions. He also shares a message from U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) regarding the Health & Fitness Recovery Act of 2020, lessons to be learned from a COVID-19 outbreak, and more.
Watch the full video above, read the full transcript below, or jump to a section by topic:
- 0:04 - Industry Shows Support for the Health & Fitness Recovery Act of 2020 (H.R. 8485)
- 1:50 - What the Fitness Industry Can Learn from a COVID-19 Outbreak
- 3:04 - IHRSA Member Value Survey Results Are In
- 3:48 - Results from a Recent National Study
- 5:51 - Health Clubs to Stay Open in Scotland Despite Rise of COVID Cases
- 6:15 - Beware of Scams on the Rise